Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My first post

So, I'm not really sure how this whole blog thing works, but I'm going to give it a try. Today has been a yucky day, and it's one of those days that makes me wish I could be curled up watching movies all day. Instead, it's the 3rd day of classes in my last semester of college. It's crazy to me to think how quickly college has gone by, and to think how much God has done in my heart and in my life in these last 5 years. In my quiet time this morning, God reminded me how amazing His grace is and how He continues to except us with arms opened wide even though we continue to stumble. As I thought about that, I remembered my phase of rebellion I had just a few years ago, and I bowed my head in humility. I praised Him for not only forgiving the failure of my faith but for completely forgetting it as well. Looking back, I am so grateful that He not only wrapped His arms around me when I came running back to Him, but He brought me to a height I had never experienced in my faith, and He pulled me into a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him.
"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.'" Matthew 16:24-25

1 comment:

jeanna said...

so glad you have a blog now!! love, jeanna