Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Christ's Consistent Confirmation

Wow! The past few weeks have been a blur. I have had so much on my mind and so much to do to get ready for my last week of work at SWIMMAC Carolina, to prepare for finals for the A&P II class I took this semester, to find a place to live in Charleston, to pack up and move, and of course, all the important things I have to do to start school in 2 weeks!!!!! It has been by the grace of God that I have been able to keep up with all I have to do and maintain my sanity at the same time. Despite all the changes that are going on in my life right now, one thing has been consistent - God's confirmation that I'm headed in the direction of His will! Let me give you some examples, and I'm going to use pictures to describe some of them because I feel like my blog consists mainly of words...

1) The first confirmation happened the week Adam was visiting me, and it was actually that week that I made my decision to go to MUSC. I was so thankful for Adam's guidance in my decision and for everyone's prayers that God would lead me in the direction He wanted me to go. However, long before I decided where I was being led to go to school, I had been worrying and wondering if my computer would work well enough to carry me through 7 semesters of papers, projects, and a giant thesis. It was the computer I used in college, but it would constantly malfunction and, despite taking to a computer guy, no one could really find the source of the problem. Also, I'm technologically dumb, so I really had no idea what was going on each time my computer would act up. In short, I was worried that I was going to have to buy another computer at some point with money I did NOT have, but I trusted that God would provide. So, one night while Adam was here, I came home from work and he told me he had a surprise for me. Now, Adam is a pro at surprises and if you know me, I LOVE surprises, but this was the king of surprises! So, he leaves the room and comes back with a box from the Apple store, an excited smile on his face, and he says, "I got you this for getting into grad school"...

A MacBookPro!!!! I was literally speechless and I had no idea how to use a Mac, but my computer worries would be solved. I thanked God right then and there and embraced my boyfriend, but I know that words will never be enough to describe how giving, caring, and amazing Adam is!

2) Some of you may know this already, but I have had a lot of trouble meeting Christian girls while I have been in Charlotte. So, as soon as I decided I was going back to school and that I would be moving to a place again where I knew no one, I began to pray for God to bring some wonderful Christian girlfriends into my life wherever He was sending me to OT school. Since I waited until the last possible minute to decide to go to MUSC, most of the girls in my program had already found roommates, but I met a few girls via e-mail and phone who had roommates but genuinely wanted to help me find one. These girls are Believers and it looks like there will be a handful of them in my program! I am so thankful and excited to actually meet them in 2 weeks. God used that situation to both answer my prayers and confirm that I was going to be where He wants me to be! (I don't really have a picture for this one)

3) As I was getting down to the wire (less than a month before I would have to be in Charleston for orientation), I felt like everyone had a roommate except for me. It felt like the every time an opportunity would arise, it would fall through, even though the girls in my program were being really helpful. I was beginning to get really discouraged, and stressed, of course! I kept praying and praying that God would bring a Christian roommate as well, but as I felt like I was running out of time, I decided I would be okay if a God wanted a homeless person to live with me, as long as I had a roommate. Well, little did I know what He had planned for me: Confirmation #3....
Back in Feb, my mom and I traveled to Mobile, AL for me to do an interview at the University of S Alabama for entrance into their OT program. While I was in my interview, my mom introduced herself to a cute girl who had just finished her interview (my mom would talk to a squirrel if it would talk back....). So, when I came out, I saw my mom chatting away w/this random girl and her brother who had apparently taken the road trip w/her. Ironically, Alicia was also applying to MUSC! What were the odds? She was from Ohio. So, we talked for about an hour and I found out she was a Believer! We decided that if we both got accepted to S Alabama that we would have to be roomies! We exchanged contact information and spoke a few times on Facebook. A month later, she told me she had been waitlisted at MUSC and would be going to S Alabama. I told her I was going to MUSC, we told each other good luck, and lost touch for a while, until a week ago......The same day I called my mom in tears wondering why I could not find a roommate despite my consistent prayer, I got a phone call from Alicia- "Laura Beth, MUSC called me a while ago and told me a spot had opened for me but I turned it down because I thought God wanted me to go to S Alabama. I woke up last night and I felt like God was leading me to call MUSC and ask if that  spot was still open. What should I do?" I told her to call them. The worst that could happen would be that the spot would no longer be available, and when she called, that happened to be the case. However, we kept praying about it because it was just too crazy that we had met and connected so easily...there are no coincidences; just God :) After 3 days of consistent prayer from both of us, MUSC called Alicia and told her a spot had opened up! In 2 weeks, I will be rooming with an amazing Christian girl and I am so thankful for that HUGE confirmation that I'm where He wants me to be. (I don't have a picture for this one either, but as soon as Alicia and I get to Charleston, I'll take a pic and post it!)

I'm sure there have been many other confirmations from God that I haven't realized, but the ones that have been obvious have also reminded me to always remain patient and trust His will and the path to reach it. I'll add one more picture, just to keep my post from being too boring. This handsome 6'2" hunk is my constant confirmation that God's plan is best and far better than we can imagine ;)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lead not on your own understanding; in all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

jeanna said...

Hey there girl. I am fighting back the tears reading this. How amazing...I am so happy for you and proud of you. Love you